SIMCOEngineering, P.C., as a sub-consultant, provided biennial and interim bridge inspection, including structural inspection for fracture in critical and non-redundant members and fatigue prone details of various types of steel bridges in Queens, NY.
The scope included safety inspections for the bridge under deck concrete and the top of the bridge sidewalks, bridge railings, and approaches for pedestrians and vehicular traffic.
The work involved:
- Verifying bridge plans and cross section
- Checking load rating calculations
- Reviewing VIRTIS results to evaluate Load bearing capacity of members
- Preparing detailed inspection and flag reports in BIPPI
- Verifying and updating VERTIS